[Bf-committers] Edge select ?

Stephen Swaney bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 04:57:42 -0500

Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
I think the confusion here is due to my limited English...

> I fire up xev.
> I move the mouse cursor over the window of xev
> I press CTRL ... I see events
> I press ALT ... I see events
> I press RMB ... I see events
>
> When pressing the combo (as I would when I select edges) I see on each
> pressing (I cannot press all keys _exactly_ at the same time) an event.

The question was about seeing specific events.  Not events
in general.

Running xev with my window manager ( fluxbox ), when I press
ALT-LMB I see a Keypress for pressing ALT, but I do NOT see the
expected ButtonPress event for the LMB because the window manager
is catching it.

If an application was waiting for ALT-LMB, it would never see
the button down event.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney@swbell.net