[Bf-committers] Python API holes

Joseph Gilbert bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:54:31 -0400

There is support in the cvs for object properties which is part of the logic
blocks from the gameengine, however, the rest of the gameengine will
probably not become a part of the python API. This has to do with the
separation of the code for the gameengine and blender.
We definately need to add sound support. Hasn't been done yet.
I thought there was some basic support for text and fonts in the Draw and
Text modules. I don't know the extent though. Someone might know more about
it than myself.

-----Original Message-----
From: bf-committers-admin@blender.org
[mailto:bf-committers-admin@blender.org]On Behalf Of bart@neeneenee.de
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 9:39 AM
To: bf-committers@blender.org
Subject: [Bf-committers] Python API holes

Together with Adrian Cheater i'm writing on a X3D-exporter (x3d is the
succsessor of vrml: http://www.bitbucket.ca/~acheater/blender/ ) so i
found a lot of missing python features (in 2.33a or CVS):

- access to the game enigine and the sensors
- access to Soundblock (file, mute, loop, volume)
- access to font obejct (font family, size etc.)

Bart.