[Bf-committers] OSX, python and paste

trip bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 21:07:34 -0400

As I play with Python learning stuff. I am finding my brain go flat.

For OSX users which includes Ton :D What method do you use to copy and
paste python scripts into a text editor and save as some format with
proper line endings. Each time I play with copy and paste into all
types of text editor programs ( IDLE, SCRIPT MAKER, text edit rtf and
plain text, SubEthaEdit, taco and even more) they all look clean but
when dropped into Blender to test they either come out as one HUGE line
or they have weird extra characters for spaces there by making them
useless. So I then have to drop them into BBEDIT to find all of the
hidden stuff and remove it all.
This all equals to much time to test and test. There must be a way I am
missing.

After that, What about copy and paste in blenders text edit ? Why will
it not paste text from else where ?
And opening to find a file if a new file is in the default directory
that open window opens up to, why does it not show new stuff until I go
up or down a directory then back there by refreshing it to see the new
files, could there be a nice little refresh button ?

Dats all ^v^