[Bf-committers] glFlush glFinish, ATI testing

john tuffen bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:10:15 +0100

I'm still seeing *very very* slow menu drawing (WinXP pro, Radeon 7000,
Pentium IV). My experiments in this area got a major increase in menu-drawing
speed by drawing to the back-buffer and swapping rather than drawing to the
front buffer; unfortunately my hacky coarse-grain buffer-swap caused
horrendous problems in vertex-paint mode...

... I believe that the slow-menu-draw is related to drawing text, since
the 'rendering progress' text is also extremely slow - as is 'B-select'...

I haven't had any time to progress my experiments in this area unfortunately :(

john..

--
7" single out now on iwari.com - namke communications: ice-9/salo
http://www.iwari.com/