[Bf-committers] VILLMER

Rob Haarsma bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:13:30 +0200

Hey Jason,

I'm sorry to tell that the current Quicktime support in Blender consists
only of
2D image and movie import and export. Within current scope it is doable
to add
support for audiofiles as well, but that is basically it. There's no
exchange on a
3D level, not even a possibility to output to QTVR.

So if you propose a cooperation between your product and Blender 3D data,
well... something like this needs to be written from scratch. Also,
walkthroughs
of buildings and landscapes should be possible (in time) with Blender's own
gameengine. I fear you'll have a hard time getting a coder involved in
writing
stuff specifically for your application. But then, I might be wrong...

Best regards,
Rob