[Bf-committers] Patch for bug 1355

bf-committers@blender.org bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 14:57:13 -0500

On 12 Jun 2004 at 14:12, Jiri Hnidek wrote:

> Hi,
> it works for me, but can you tell me: "What is meaning of variable
> dotcent?" ;-)

I was fiddling with the feature some more today and noticed it still
doesn't work for all meshes, particularly a uvsphere mesh.

I can make it work for the sphere mesh but then it won't work for the
bug blend. Basically I had two possible ways to calculate whether a
normal was facing in or out. One used the mesh centroid and the other
used the centroid of an adjacent face and the test face.

The adjacent face method worked for sphere but not test blend. The
mesh centroid worked for test blend but not sphere. Anyone got a
suggestion as to how to proceed from here? Its possible we migh need
to offer a selection of algorithms for this function. Different types
of meshes need different types of methods.

Jeremy Wall