[Bf-committers] Interesting 2.33a crash bug on Mac

Richard Berry bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 09 Jun 2004 21:13:19 +0100

> Hi,
>
> seems to work perfectly here (PBook G4 867, ATI Rage) both on internal =
and
> external monitor (so not accelerated)
>
> on 2.33a and CVS versions. I've tried many launches, chaning shading =
mode, rotate

Gah! I *am* starting to hallucinate, aren't I...

What version of OS X were you using? I think there's been quite a major =
overhaul of OpenGL in 10.3. There seems to be a general wailing and =
gnashing of teeth about 10.3.4 in particular.

Plus, you might need to open and close Blender a few times because it =
isn't quite reproducible (but all the debug traces that I've done have =
pointed to OpenGL functions).

Sometimes it will run fine, sometimes it will crash and provide a debug =
trace, and other times it will just crash the entire system.

r i c k