[Bf-committers] Linux i386 strange dependancies

Stefan Gartner bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 23:56:52 +0200

On Sunday 06 June 2004 23:16, Alexander Ewering wrote:

[...]

> - First of all: Why does blender require exactly THIS version of libstdc++
> ? It should rather be linked to a more general library, like
> libstdc++.so.5.
>
> - What is libvga needed for?
>
> - What is libaa (an ASCII ART library!) needed for?
>
> - ncurses? Did I miss Blender's text mode? :-)
>
> - libgpm? libslang? never heard of those.

My guess is that it's SDL which depends on those libs (I wonder who's to blame
for that :)). Running ldd on my debian unstable system doesn't show them.

> The dependancies on curses, libvga, libaa, libslang and libgpm are probably
> 'bareable' if you install the libraries (even though they make no sense),
> but the dependancy on one explicit version of libstdc++ is simply wrong and
> shows a broken build system.

I just just noticed that blender (2.33a official build, i386 dynamic) depends
on both libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 and libstdc++.so.5 here, which seems odd to
me.

> | alexander ewering               instinctive new media
> | ae[@]instinctive[.]de   http://www[.]instinctive[.]de

stefan