[Bf-committers] OOPS Parenting & Patch

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 18:41:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, car wrote:

> Ok true, but what is the point f the hold click for toolbox menu then?
> I love that, And I hate having to use a keyboard all the time, slows me
> down.
>
> As for the oops windows, I will comment no more on it as that is just
> another long discussion.

You see, car, this is just another incarnation of Developers against
Users :)

For example, I totally disagree with many of the UI changes that have taken
place in 2.3. They have slowed *me* down noticably, and they slow anyone
down noticably because of the laws of physics (mouse motion), it's just that
most people are afraid of stating their true opinion or being true to
themselves ;)

But on the other hand, I understood Blender's concept of workflow (using
both the keyboard and the mouse at the same time to achieve the greatest
possible interactivity and speed) and accepted and adopted it. With a lot
of practice, Blender has become the most efficient user interface that
I know of (for me).

I'm curious as to how using the keyboard can slow you down. Sure, if
you have one hand on your lap and another one on the mouse, it's obvious
that pressing keys on the keyboard will require some major body
moves :-) But that's not Blender's philosophy...

In my simple mind, pressing a key (Space) that lies directly under one
of your fingers anyway is much faster than whatever the click-hold delay
for the toolbox is ;)

Sorry, this is probably more appropriate for bf-funboard, but then again,
I wasn't the one with the first post :-)