[Bf-committers] small clipping question...

Daniel Fairhead bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 17:39:50 +0300

Hi Fabrizio,

> If you want, all you should need to do is open up 'view properties' in your
> 3D view and increase the grid spacing. putting the Spacing to 100 will allow
> camera clipping limits of ClipSta = 10,000 and ClipEnd = 500,000!!! Should
> be waaay above your necessities and allow you to test for problems before
> you dive into the code! :o)

I didn't want to adjust the grid size, as I am modeling with 10bu (blender units)
to equal 1metre, and being able to see "ah, thats 1,2,3,4,5 metres of stage space
with it like this..." is very useful. then again, adjusting the grid size, it still shows smaller
sub-grids. :)

I have changed the min and max on my local version to now have:

maximum ClipSta as ClipEnd-(0.001*grid).
minimum ClipEnd as ClipSta+(0.001*grid).

Which I think is more sensible, without me having to think up anything clever. :-)

I'll commit to tuhopuu in an hour or so...

Dan