[Bf-committers] About bug 675 - Analyse and possible solution

Laurence Bourn bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 09:04:34 +0200

Hello,
I was a bit confused by the explanations as to what exactly the problem =
was. Can the IK module do any sensible solving in the situation you =
describe? If not then put the if (goal_dir.fuzzyZero()) check into the =
IK module and return false. I don't know what is sensible todo from a =
user's point of view I'll leave that upto you guys. You're right, =
assertions are there to inform the developer that either the entry data =
to the module is incorrect or that an internal error has occurecd. In =
either case the module (IK) should be fixed so that the assertion is no =
longer fired - by returning a suitable error code in the first case or =
by fixing the internal problem in the second. Sounds to me like this is =
an example of the first case...

Cheers,
Laurence.