[Bf-committers] Some results on testing with blender 3.34 pre

Tom Musgrove bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:13:39 +0000

I haven't run the full gamut of tests yet, but I've had some possibly
troubling results, and a few comments on the tests themselves.

Esc/ canceling actions, and closing windows should be mentioned explicitly
in the directions.  The action as well as the keybinding should be
mentioned.

arealight.blend - takes 3 times as long as 3.33a
this is possibly different compilation flags or build methods- my 3.34 is my
own build, whereas 3.33a is the official build.  I used make, whereas I
don't know what the official builds are using.  However, for other tests the
time is apparently the same between the two builds, so I suspect it might
not be a compiler difference.

As to comments - if an ESC is needed to cancel a task before moving onto the
next task, or a window needs to be closed, this should probably be explicit
in the directions.  Also, in many of the windows the text is obscured on my
screen, requiring resizing of the text area.  (I'm in 1024x768).  These are
fairly minor things - I'd be happy to make the changes if desired.  It would
also be appreciated if the tests could be given meaningful names.  Ie
dolphin.blend might be renamed vertexpaint.blend etc.  Another useful change
would be to have a text file that gives an overview describing what the
tests are and what type of results can be expected.

I can do most of this stuff, but I'd like to know what changes are viewed as
desireable..

Tom M.
LetterRip