[Bf-committers] Selecting of Bones in Armatures

Meino Christian Cramer bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 07:41:05 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

 the following behaviour of Blender is a little disturbing to me --
 may be it is not a fault and part of blender for year now and it may
 be some "hidden advantage" of it I haven't discovered until now, but...

 I set up a simple armature, say of two bones.

 Now I want to assign meaningful names to them and as the Blender 2.3
 Guide said I go into Edit mode and try to select a bone.

 Hmmm....LMB does not word, MMB and RMB does not work also, all
 combinations of the mousish key with SHIFT, CTRL and ALT also doesnt
 select anything else then the connecting points. The only thing which
 do work is BKEY with border select is able to select a single bone.

 In the book I did not find any trick for convenient selection of
 single bones. But it also did not say why the "normal way" ;) of
 selection via RMB is not possible.

 Why I am wrong here? :O)

 or

 Why is the selection of bones via RMB is not possible?

 Keep *.*
 Meino