[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src editobject.c

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:27:45 -0500

> >And for myself, yes I reserve the right to veto out stuff. Won't do
> >that easily, but definitely on obscure additions. And always after
> >feedback of the other project admins.
> >
> >-Ton-
> >

> Is power going to your head? :P

Come on cut the crap!!!

Even the mighty Linux has an approval process for things that get added,
and things are rejected all the time.  I know I'm very happy and pleasantly
surprised with the new amount of stuff in blender each release so far...

There is nothing stopping Intrr from working with Ton and the other admins
to get things working so they are all happy.  It was just committed while
it wasn't approved.

> Now that said, is it time for a new branch? A new clean super
> experimental branch that can have anything in it anything at all even a
> new back-end base and have it so experimental that there is no support
> for older files, and to try and strive to create the mysterious Blender
> V. 3.0? I know of tuhopuu but it seems to rely on BF too much.

bf is the release version of blender and what gets put in should go
through quality checks.

tuhopuu is a branch that was started to play with things and pretty much
anyone that wants access to it can get it by first submitting some ideas
and showing they know what they are doing and then asking for access.
It is closely tied to bf because the idea is to try out features there and
get them up to bf standards and hopefully ported over.

If it doesn't suit your needs feel free to start a new tree but,
I would encourage you to work with the other developers on tuhopuu,
were all working for the same thing and there is a lot of great experience
there that your missing out on if you just start your own tree and do your
own thing.

If your planning something radical it might be a good idea to start your own
tree, but it is a lot of work, don't bite off more than you can chew.
Intrr did it and I'm sure he can give you some helpful hints and or suggestions.

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein