[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src editobject.c

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 17:17:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, car wrote:

> In short we came here to use the app to our methods, if it were a pay for app
> then we would expect a cleaner working flow of operations in this app, but as
> it is now it is suppose to be fun and chock full of new items be it small or
> large they are features no one has.

I disagree... It's obvious from your e-mails that you're using Blender as a
toy, and I'm aware of the fact that 99% of the Blender community use it
that way, however, that shouldn't make the official development policy
"Blender is a toy".

I use it for commercial work, where time is money. This is one of the reasons
why I kept instinctive-blender and have now adapted instinctive-blender2 to
act like the old UI, which I found more efficient. (opinions differ, of course,
or rather erm... degrees of perception!)

> Now that said, is it time for a new branch? A new clean super experimental
> branch that can have anything in it anything at all even a new back-end base
> and have it so experimental that there is no support for older files, and to
> try and strive to create the mysterious Blender V. 3.0? I know of tuhopuu but
> it seems to rely on BF too much.

You can branch anytime you like. I did with instinctive-blender, but I did
it with different goals. I meant to create a stable and at the same time
feature-rich branch. If you want to create a toy branch, find a few people
who are interested, and go ahead. It's Open-source :-)