[Bf-committers] CAD/Robotics extensions to Blender (Was Re: CVS commit: editobject.c)

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 17:05:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Herman Bruyninckx wrote:

> I respect this policy! But it would be nice to get an idea about the
> "veto proneness" of the "robotics additions"  I suggested above.
> If you think they are of really secondary importance, than I'd better
> start looking elsewhere :-)

Hi Herman,

another possibility is to do it like me, and create your own fork
of Blender, which is then taylored to the specific needs you have. You
can even keep it in sync with the changes and additions of the official
version.

I did that with instinctive-blender, and added the stuff from
http://db.intrr.org/CHANGELOG.txt to it, without worrying about "policy
conflicts" from the official version.