[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes july 25

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 20:08:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Particle forces & deflection
> - Still work todo like:
> - add 'recalc all' in deflector panel,
> - check on option to disable automatic recalc on editing (to cope with
> slowness)
> - check on an ESC
> - check on incremental calc (or calc with draw updates)
> - and check on panel config (do we need special sub-context for it?)

Would that mean one click more to reach the options? If yes, I'm
all for it :)

> Cursor grab
> - see discussion on mailinglist
> - no endorsement for it, no objection removing it either!
> - Ton will uncommit

This is for sure one of the most amusing acts I've seen from BF :)

Features are now being UNCOMMITTED (even though they don't disturb anything
else, because they require a special hotkey (GC)). That's just...
incredible :)

I vote for uncommitting the Floating Panels! They are much more disturbing
than the possibility to press C once you pressed G, because they can't
be turned off without hiding the options, too.

> Outine select draw
> - problem with drawing speed in some situations...
> - proposal was to make it user-pref, but this should be reserved to
> preference settings

Interesting. It's not a "preference" if I "prefer" (hint!) the selected
objects to have a pink outline or not?

> - solution for now; add it as '3d view property' option in the Panel

But I agree the 3d view properties panel is not big enough and there's
more potential to obstruct workspace by making it larger and adding
options to it, so I say: GO! :)

> - 3d object draw and selection methods are badly needing review anyway, so
> better solutions then can be evaluated

This "badly needed" review is being discussed for about 1.5 years now.

It started when I proposed drawing the wireframes of children objects (of
the active object) in dark pink, and the parent object's wireframe in dark
blue.
It got moved to the "can be evaluated" track. It's an incredibly useful
visualization feature, just like my "Wireframe on selected" mode which
inspired the current "Outline on selected" mode.

Interestingly, no single "can be evaluated" session was started before
the UI "makeover". Isn't that a bit arrogant?

> so: TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY (t.b.a.) CVS FREEZE (B-CON 4)

Where can I read about these funky new abbreviations (B-Con 4) which sound
a bit like in those cheap science-fiction movies where the spaceships
make sounds (in empty space) and have aerodynamic (for the dense air)
shapes? :)