[Bf-committers] selection outline in solid draw mode

trip bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 11:06:21 -0400

>>> The first thing I visit in every new application I use is the
>>> user preferences, and I love being able to customize applications to
>>> my liking.
>>> For example, in Nuendo (complex composing/virtual studio
>>> application), which is
>>> in complexity comparable to Blender, I spent a whole *day* in
>>> customizing the
>>> application.
>>
>> Not everyone sees things this way - many (including myself) see that
>> day you spent as a day of wasted time and money.
>
> Interesting. In contrast, I see all the hundreds of other days AFTER
> that day
> as wasted days, because I couldn't work efficiently because of lack of
> customization :)
>
> Oh well, I guess in the end, it's *really* good to have open-source...
>
> How could one live without C knowledge :-)

I second the user pref option. Though the user pref window is in need
of a work over. That is one reason the user pref window is getting
messy. But I to work better when I can control a program with
preferences instead of working with someone else's so called perfect
design work method.

I myself need more GUI control.