[Bf-committers] selection outline in solid draw mode

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 14:34:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> [...] To prevent making it another user prefs, I
> thought of following;

Let me briefly comment on this: I consider the "let's offer no choice to the user"
attitude problematic. The first thing I visit in every new application I use is the
user preferences, and I love being able to customize applications to my liking.
For example, in Nuendo (complex composing/virtual studio application), which is
in complexity comparable to Blender, I spent a whole *day* in customizing the
application.

In my opinion, there is no reason not to offer this as a userpref. Actually,
Blender is one of the programs with the smallest amount of userprefs that I know.