[Bf-committers] Alpha faces: Kester?

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:59:37 +0200

Hi,

> Also, Blender currently draws selected objects after (in front of) non
> selected objects.  Is this intentional?  Desirable?

Actually, this is only relevant for non-zbuffered drawing (wire in
general). That prevents selected wireframes to become invisible.

>  This patch draws solid,
> selected solid, transparent, then transparent selected, since it looks
> much
> better when you draw transparent after solid.  Dupliverts aren't
> sorted.
>
> I haven't really tested enough for commit yet, but it should provide a
> good
> starting point.

I'll give it a check later on too. Probably I can make sure it only
does it for potato mode.
Thanks!

(BTW; on the transparency topic; an old feature request was to include
alpha in vertexpainting (and thus shaded mode) as well. This is quite
tricky, because you can paint faces invisible that way, whilst they'll
be still paintable, and not the ones behind. And of course alpha for
Solid drawmode...?)

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org