[Bf-committers] Alpha faces: Kester?

Carsten Wartmann bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:35:47 +0200

Kester Maddock wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> This is only for the game engine, and is only activated when "ZTransp" is
> enabled in the materials.  Also, if the polygons intersect, they won't be
> sorted correctly (this is impossible without splitting the polygons.)
>
> Also, all transparent objects are depth sorted at the object level.  It is
> sorted by the object's centre point, which can be tweaked to get the correct
> sort order.  Overlapping objects won't sort correctly in all cases (this is
> impossible without splitting the objects).

Oh! Something slipped my attention!

Thats great, I immediately did a test with hundreds of alpha-textured
bushes and it looked so much better.

However we mostly use old 2.25 Punisher (for the sake of
signing/locking/exeing), but this is great for architectural stuff where
you need fast and good loking trees and windows.  I guess for that the
"by object sorting" is just enough. Many things are just inhouse
animations/simulations so that a locking is not always possible and a
EXE will be just enough for the customer.

Thanks!

Carsten.