[Bf-committers] Alpha faces: Kester?

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:58:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Kester Maddock wrote:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> This is only for the game engine, and is only activated when "ZTransp" is
> enabled in the materials.  Also, if the polygons intersect, they won't be
> sorted correctly (this is impossible without splitting the polygons.)

Hi Kester,

I frequently use Blender for "Desktop Publishing" work, using it as a pure
2D image arranger/layerer. It would be great if you could extend Blender
in such a way that objects are also sorted correctly in the 3d view, not
only in the game engine.

If the code for the 3d views is too different from the game engine, don't
bother, of course.