[Bf-committers] Feature Idea- cad like info display.

Campbell Barton bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:38:41 +1000

Stephen Swaney wrote:

>Campbell Barton wrote:
>

>>Am I posting in the wrong place for this? if so where  should I post it.
>>
>>Its not exactly a feature request since Im willing to code it.
>>

>This is probably better as a funboard discussion.
>
>Given the fact that CAD display and editing requirements are
>so, so different from 'traditional' mesh character modeling
>( as you point out ), I wonder if this  is better implemented
>as it's own window type? Or it's own Space type, to use Blender
>terms?
>
>There it could have it's own drawing styles and events and not
>clutter up the existing meshy stuff.

How do I contact the funboard? :)

I this this could be usefull in the mesh editor still, just form making
different types of meshs.
The trim/extent function theeth wrote would also be good for this type
of work.
Having a new space would be an overkill IMHO snace the info displayed
dosent conflict with any existing features.

Displaying the area of a selected face or edge could be usefull to mesh
modeling too, on the odd occasion.

This isnt a mainstream feature but it could be usefull some of the time,
thats all Im saying.

- Cam