[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src drawobject.c buttons_object.c blender/source/blender/makesdna DNA_effect_types.h

Martin Poirier bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 05:09:43 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ton Roosendaal <ton@blender.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > IF you already add a coolness factor, can't you
> make it so that the
> > rings actually _do_ represent
> > the real range of influence of the force field? :)
> You could easily
> > visualize the 'Falloff' value
> > that way!
>
> This forcefield also works without falloff, meaning
> the rings go to
> infinity. Further the power of the force is very
> relevant too, and not
> visualized either.
> If a visualization cannot be done with good
> information in it, then
> sticking to fixed size and draw method is best.

Power could be visualised with the color level. As for
fallof, the only range of value which is not
visualised correctly is the 0.0 - 1.0 range. Falloff
at 0.0 is visualised correctly with all three rings at
the same level of blending.

IMTO, the falloff value is as import if not more
important than the power and how I did it is a good
way to visualise it quickly. I'm open to suggestion,
of course.

Martin