[Bf-committers] Inconsistancy in blender

Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:35:19 +0200

Hi,

This is unclear... faces have many properties, so what's the 'mode'
here? For texture faces?

When faces get created in Blender it tries to duplicate the information
when it's available, otherwise it uses settings from buttons or a
default. Now with addition of edges in Meshes we have new problems to
solve still. And we still dont have reliable code for retrieving
information from vertices or edges when they are selected for making a
face.

The copying code in Blender (in editmode) is far from clean, and could
need cleanup badly. But it's also very sensitive stuff... patches for
that are welcome, but need to be verified.

-Ton-