[Bf-committers] Bug Tracker design issue

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:38:05 +0200 (CEST)

Sorry for posting here, but I guess it's still the most appropriate
place.

THe bug tracker on http://www.blender.org/ suffers from a design flaw in
its CSS which makes it impossible to use on my browser setup.

It specifies a background color for the table cells in the tracker, yet it
does _not_ specify a link color. This is a potential problem, as described
in the god and jesus of the www, http://www.w3.org :

http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/color

The link color in my browser (actually, desktop environment) preferences
coincides exactly with the background color of priority "5" in the bug
tracker, which makes most bugs in the index unreadable.

See above document for further information on how to correct this.

Note: This is _not_ a problem with my browser setup. If a web site
doesn't specify _any_ colors, it's perfectly readable, as the combination
of default colors I've chosen in my browser is fine. The problem is that
you may not change _some_ colors, you either change all or none at all.

Thanks :)