[Bf-committers] Two -may be- error reports

Nathan Letwory bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:04:06 +0300 (EEST)

>  There should be given an "install" target to Scons for UNIX-like
>  platforms. Copying the ready build blender by hand and forgetting non
>  mentioned additional files to the correct places may lead to an
>  unwanted amount of superflous error reports.

I've added the 'release' target to scons, which will create a gzipped
tarball in the same directory as SConstruct. This contains all necessary
files, .blender et al. For now you'll have to remember to put the .blender
from that tarball into the right place. After 2.34 release I'll probably
be adding an "install" target for copying all necessary files locally. But
as SConstruct needs some cleaning and refactoring I'd rather wait with
that until after release.

/Nathan