[Bf-committers] Patch- 3d view Object sel menu

Campbell Barton bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:16:34 +1000

Hi Alexander
Im not saying your wrong in your crit however I have to start somewhere
with coding C, I have tried to learn a number of times out of books but
they never held my interest.
Il think I can make valuble contributions while learning,  Having you
guys look and correct my code is a good way to refine my knowledge (and
learn simple stuff too) as long as I dont rely on it and its only every
so often Id hope that my efforts are more of a help then a hinderence.
Of course if my patchs are full of holes then dont bother looking at
them- but 1 error within a usefull feature of ~25 lines of code, albeit
a simple one, isnt horrific.

This is a matter of opinion but I think the more people involved with
blender dev the better, helping newbies is a good way to have more
developers.

If there are any good references to C / OpenGL I should read before
wading into blenders C code then Id be interested.

- Cam