[Bf-committers] IRC Meeting Minutes, July 18, 2004

Nathan Letwory bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 18 Jul 2004 20:09:07 +0300 (EEST)

IRC Meeting Minutes, July 18, 2004

1. feature freeze/2.34 projects
     * lscm, creases/edges, particles: feedback?
       - creases/seams: check theme color / coloring (Ton)
       - creases: spikes are 'feature' of current implementation
       - creases: no RMB cancellation of SHIFT+EKEY  (Ton)
       - have buttons show that draw creases and draw seams are mutually
exclusive (Ton)
       - particles: work on draw for forcefields and vortexes (Martin P)
       - Jens told about LSCM 'live mode' (LSCM recalc with every
mousemove in UV-Editor with grabbed stuff). Will be post-2.34

       + for all projects docs in CMS should be verified (LSCM dudes are
already working on theirs).

     * new (small) feats?
         - align menu: menu is crowded. New entries as pivot mode =
overkill (Martin) -> remove from align menu, place next to align
menu(Alexander E)

2. Python:
    * demo mode: code is progressing nicely, Willian is working on some
more modules to expose even more of Blender for even cooler demoloops.
Nathan L is working on some demos.
    * help menu: is going to be Matt E's script (b3org.py). Willian adds
webbrowser module for this to Python23.zip (py modules for win32).
    * Willian will update Python23.zip and send to Nathan L. Possibly
added to CVS (release/windows/extra ? Need comments on this!) so scons
release and wininst work straight from CVS.

3. Test teams and release schedule / regression test suite

    All platform managers and test teams should activate and slowly
inspect their systems to prepare for the final testing stage. Testing
should already be started. A regression test suite will be posted on
the committers list as soon as it has been updated (Nathan L).

    team checklist:
    * linux scons/make
    * win32 scons/msvc (make=cygwin)
      - Simon: updates nsis installer script(s)
    * osx make/scons
      - JeanLuc working on getting scons doing what we want (was broken on
OSX after Nathan L added targets)
    * irix make (scons?)
    * solaris make (scons?)

   Check http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Project_list.228.0.html#651 for
teams (in case you forgot)

    * release date has been set at 2-3 august for now. B-Con 4 next sunday
if all goes well.

Nathan L (hmmm, I could've said just 'I', too) will be away next meeting
and week after, so someone could be so friendly as to check testing and
win32 scons/msvc7 during that period.

At your service,

/Nathan