[Bf-committers] New Patch for DISTRAY

Arne Schmitz bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:41:21 +0200

--Boundary-02=_l3t9AS7lPJmgVtD

Am Donnerstag, 15. Juli 2004 19:53 schrieb Bart:
> Saw post and pictures about distray. Looks great!
> http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3D27552
>
> Read about a huge render time increase. How many times it is faster?

Increase -- not decrease. Distributed raytracing scales proportional to the=
=20
number of samples to the power of allowed recursion depth. With an irradian=
ce=20
cache for diffuse distributed calculations you can speed this up somewhat.=
=20
But for refractive and reflective sampling this is not possible, I think.

To Ray: Alexander Ewering is correct, use the rand() function. Or even bett=
er=20
implement some quasi random number generator -- this will most probably=20
converge faster and produce less noise with the same amount of samples.

Arne

=2D-=20
[--- PGP key FD05BED7 --- http://www.root42.de/ ---]