[Bf-committers] Grid

Martin Poirier bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:38:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

-- Ton Roosendaal <ton@blender.org> wrote:
> Added to this issue, is the confusement about the
> way CTRL and
> SHIFT_CTRL delimitors work. They're supposed to be
> 'snapping to grid',
> but when zoomed in or out they still snap to the
> original 1.0 size grid.

And add to that some people who expect the Ctrl
modifier to snap to grid corners like Shift-S - To
Grid does. Not that it would be a bad idea, mind you,
but it's not the current behavior. I can see how it
could be useful for technically accurate modelling
though so maybe I'll add that to my todo list for new
Transform.

> Simplest idea I now can find is do what computer
> maps visualize. Icons
> like this:
>
>    0.1           1            10          100
>
> Can be drawn tiny in a window corner, denoting zoom
> level plus
> behaviour for the 'snap to' modifiers. Maybe some
> extra stylish design
> can add visual clues for zoomlevel.

That sounds nice, simple and comprehensive to me.

Martin