[Bf-committers] Features from instinctive-blender to bf

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:22:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Martin Poirier wrote:

> --- Matt Ebb <matt@mke3.net> wrote:
> > 'Align' pivoting:
> > This would have been very useful to me about a week
> > ago, when putting a
> > rig together, so I certainly have no objections. I
> > presume it would be
> > a simple task of just adding it to the 'pivot' menu?
>
> It's more of a pivot modifier than a pivot choice in
> itself.
> Intrr had a screenshot that showed the toggle option
> next to the pivot selector, but the link he gave is
> down now (host not found). Anyway, that's how I see it
> and this way you don't have to deal with all new pivot
> modes, you just need to toggle the Align flag/option
> on or off to affect the pivot mode of your choice.

Yes, I'm getting attacked frequently with DDoS on my nameserver
in recent days... just try again later :-) I wonder if it's still
at all desirable to run servers on the internet nowadays...

Concerning the UI implementation: Yes, I'm all for the toggle
option, too. The way gG proposed (as additional modes in the
pulldown) seem way too confusing, and inhibit workflow (IMEO
= in my extraneous opinion) :)