[Bf-committers] Grid

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:55:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Martin Poirier wrote:

> --- Alexander Ewering <blender@instinctive.de> wrote:
> >

> > An addition to the 3 things from before:
> >
> > I've added a seperate color in themes for "Grid
> > 1:1", which displays the
> > grid differently at 1:1 scale. I found it highly
> > annoying that you weren't
> > able to see how far you were zoomed out/in since the
> > UI makeover and had
> > to create planes all the time :)
> >
> > If it's OK, i'll commit it too..
>
> Sounds simple enough to be commitable despite the
> feature freeze.
> For simple stuff as that, I don't see why you'd need
> approval.

Well, I'm not sure if a different color is really too suitable.

Maybe the grid should be dotted at any non-1:1 resolution.

Anyway, I think this should be tackled. Currently, there's no way
to see when the grid actually displays 1 Grid unit = 1 Blender unit.

But this is probably a topic for funboard ;-)