[Bf-committers] Features from instinctive-blender to bf

Martin Poirier bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 05:04:36 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ton Roosendaal <ton@blender.org> wrote:
> >  - "Auto Perspective" userpref: Blender
> automatically switches to
> >    ortographic on 1/3/7, and back to perspective
> on view rotation.
> >    Found that very useful, as it relieves me from
> the burden of
> >    having to press 5 all the time.
> >
> >  - "Global Pivot" userpref: Blender maintains the
> "Pivot" (cursor/
> >    medianpoint/individual centers) setting global
> for all 3d views,
> >    so that you don't have to set it for each one
> seperately.
>
> Although I dislike user presets for the sake-of-it,
> since it usually
> only patches weakness in design, I also can't think
> of feasible design
> solutions either.
>
> Especially the 'global pivot' is useful for 4-split
> 3d window setups.
> So you get my blessings for it. Only sidenote is
> locations of buttons
> in user menu, which is cramped now.
>
> But, I still rather prefer Martin Poirier & Matt Ebb
> to say an OK on
> this first too.

I thought I already did. I think both are good ideas,
I know for sure I'll be using Auto Perspective.

I don't often use many 3D views, so the second one
wouldn't be of much use to me, but I see how it can be
quite useful.

Actually, I think this option should be turned on by
default for new installations, it would be less
confusing for newbies I think and frankly, I don't
quite see when pivot mode local to each 3D view could
be useful but like I said, I don't use many 3d views
that often, so...

Martin