[Bf-committers] Features from instinctive-blender to bf

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:55:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Martin Poirier wrote:

> > http://db.intrr.org/to.png
>
> That's more or less what I mean.
>
> For the most part, I'd be against adding anything to
> the transform function before it gets cleaned and
> split correctly. It is already over complicated and
> keeping piling stuff in one function is not correctly
> programmation. Moreover, cramming the function will
> make the cleaning/splitting only that more difficult.
>
> This is really a case by case thing though. If the
> change fixes a bug and/or is not too complex I
> wouldn't be totally against it.
>
> Bottom line is, as far as I'm concerned, no go to
> commit this for now. I guess the code is simple enough
> to be reviewed easily, just send in the new code (no
> patch, I find it easier to review complete chunks of
> code).

Stuff often gets delayed and lost by this "Let's first do this and
that" policy. It's an addition of exactly 2 'if' statements and two
closing braces in transform(), which bypasses the parts which
rotate and scale the object matrices.