[Bf-committers] Features from instinctive-blender to bf

Martin Poirier bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 07:45:16 -0700 (PDT)

--- Alexander Ewering <blender@instinctive.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Martin Poirier wrote:
>
> > --- Alexander Ewering <blender@instinctive.de>
> wrote:
> > >  - "Align" mode for 3d views: As proposed by
> someone
> > > on the list,
> > >    a mode where when several objects are
> > > transformed, only their
> > >    positions change, not their sizes/rotations.
> Very
> > > useful for
> > >    aligning objects in relation to each other.
> >
> > Is that the new transformation center modes that
> > people where showing around the other day on IRC?
> >
> > The Median - Only Location and Cursor - Only
> Location
> > modes I mean.
>
> Hrm, I've not heard of those. Maybe it's the same.
> Has it been
> implemented in Tuhopuu or something?
>
> In instinctive, i've just added a toggle to the
> pivot buttons
>
> http://db.intrr.org/to.png

That's more or less what I mean.

For the most part, I'd be against adding anything to
the transform function before it gets cleaned and
split correctly. It is already over complicated and
keeping piling stuff in one function is not correctly
programmation. Moreover, cramming the function will
make the cleaning/splitting only that more difficult.

This is really a case by case thing though. If the
change fixes a bug and/or is not too complex I
wouldn't be totally against it.

Bottom line is, as far as I'm concerned, no go to
commit this for now. I guess the code is simple enough
to be reviewed easily, just send in the new code (no
patch, I find it easier to review complete chunks of
code).

Martin