[Bf-committers] Features from instinctive-blender to bf

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:58:47 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

yesterday, I took the decision to re-fork instinctive-blender from
current CVS. This will mean some extreme re-arranging of the UI
(locally), and porting many of the instinctive features to my
local version of the official BF CVS, which i will try to keep in
sync.

Thus, I cannot commit the UI parts of my features, as the UI-related
files will be heavily modified. Though i will probably be able to
commit the features themselves most of the time.

Current on the list are:

 - "Auto Perspective" userpref: Blender automatically switches to
   ortographic on 1/3/7, and back to perspective on view rotation.
   Found that very useful, as it relieves me from the burden of
   having to press 5 all the time.

 - "Global Pivot" userpref: Blender maintains the "Pivot" (cursor/
   medianpoint/individual centers) setting global for all 3d views,
   so that you don't have to set it for each one seperately.

 - "Align" mode for 3d views: As proposed by someone on the list,
   a mode where when several objects are transformed, only their
   positions change, not their sizes/rotations. Very useful for
   aligning objects in relation to each other.

If nobody has worries about these 3, I'll commit them.