[Bf-committers] Realtime booleans

Daniel Fairhead bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 12:21:35 +0300

Campbell:

Sounds very cool! It would also be very useful for "cut-away" type
pictures, visulization and such. I recently had to build a 3d mockup
of a theatre I was possibly going to be envolved in re-building (in RW),
and in order to make renders of the inside of the building which showed
more than one room (archetextural type pics) I had to use all kinds of
nasty tricks with the Min and Max clipping planes. RTBs (Real Time Booleans)
would save a lot of time for this. The way I had thought of doing this though
was a non-mesh-changing idea, but making giving a material a "clipping" flag,
and then at render time not rendering anything within 2 clipping-material faces.
One of these days I may try again to get it to work...

Anyway, Please work on your idea! It would be extremely cool, and very well
used (by me!). Go Bro! :-)

Dan