[Bf-committers] Ramp examples.

Jonathan Merritt bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 09 Jul 2004 00:51:36 +1000

Hi Everyone,

Is there a .blend file online somewhere with the Suzanne ramp examples
from here:
    http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Ramp_Shaders.348.0.html
?

I've just finished an initial implementation of the ramps in RenderMan
(committed to tuhopuu).  It was downright *painful* since they really do
(potentially) affect the innermost lighting loop, and there's no easy
way to factor them outside of that.  I'm very impressed with how
elegantly Ton managed to add them on to Blender's own renderer because
they really do form quite a fundamental change.

I'm currently looking for more test cases to compare against Blender's
output.

--
Jonathan Merritt.
PhD Student - Equine Biomechanics.