[Bf-committers] Feature request: Save and shutdown after finished rendering

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 12:45:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Jonathan Merritt wrote:

> Bart wrote:
>
> > I would be nice if Blender could have an option that saves the
> > rendering to a given file name and directory (just now you can only
> > setup file format and quality)
>

> You can set the file name and directory already - they appear in the
> output pic directory field (the top box of the "Output" panel).  Examples:
>
> //tmp/
> Will save your files as 0001*, 0002*, etc., in the /tmp directory.
>
> //tmp/file
> Will save your files as file0001*, file0002*, etc., in the /tmp directory.

Sorry, but you're mistaken.

"/tmp/" and "/tmp/file" respectively will do what you said,
"//tmp/" will save the files in the directory "tmp" BELOW the
directory where your blend file is stored.