[Bf-committers] Feature request: Save and shutdown after finished rendering

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 22:10:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Bart wrote:

> most people have the same problem, just geting one PC to render instead
> of a renderfarm. So rendering the final in HQ and full resolution is
> mostly done over night. So rendering took maybe 2 hours and you go to
> bed for 8 hours. So your computer is still on power for 6 unnecessary hours.
> I would be nice if Blender could have an option that saves the rendering
> to a given file name and directory (just now you can only setup file
> format and quality) and shut down the computer after successfull
> rendering and saving.
> The idea comes from the burning software Nero that has such a option. I
> know it could be easy implimented on Windows but i do not know if it is
> hard or impossible on other OS.

I know that Nero feature, and don't take it as an insult, but I
think it's totally awkward to have such an option.

It's simply not a user application's business to shutdown the computer
in my opinion... and indeed, on other operating systems, it's virtually
impossible (and that's a good thing).