[Bf-committers] Feature request: Save and shutdown after finished rendering

Bart bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 06 Jul 2004 21:30:39 +0200

most people have the same problem, just geting one PC to render instead
of a renderfarm. So rendering the final in HQ and full resolution is
mostly done over night. So rendering took maybe 2 hours and you go to
bed for 8 hours. So your computer is still on power for 6 unnecessary hours.
I would be nice if Blender could have an option that saves the rendering
to a given file name and directory (just now you can only setup file
format and quality) and shut down the computer after successfull
rendering and saving.
The idea comes from the burning software Nero that has such a option. I
know it could be easy implimented on Windows but i do not know if it is
hard or impossible on other OS.

--
|\/\/\/|
|      |
C      _)       bart@neeneenee.de
|   ,_/
|   /    - Ich bin nicht berechtigt Aushilfslehrer zu feuern -
/   \
                 http://www.neeneenee.de