[Bf-committers] I need help with debugging distray

Arne Schmitz bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 06 Jul 2004 13:50:51 +0200

Am Dienstag, 6. Juli 2004 12:54 schrieb Ton Roosendaal:
> - what is 'blurry reflection' aimed to do... just like normal
> reflection, but with an X amount of extra rays spread around in a cone?

Yes, I think he wants to implement the algorithms described in Cook's 1984
paper on distributed raytracing. Also the rays in the cone will most probably
be weighted differently (more if nearer to the center etc.).

On this topic: trip, why do you use random angles? You'll be using a whol lot
of cos() calls, which can cost quite a lot of time. I think there are faster
ways to generate random directions.

Arne

--
[--- PGP key FD05BED7 --- http://www.root42.de/ ---]