[Bf-committers] Features I have added in tuhopuu2

Tue, 6 Jul 2004 13:05:49 +0200

Hi,

> * A fixup in the way the oops window sets active objects (added a
> function for this) BF-Blenders is very buggy, notice that right
> clicking on an object dosent always make it active.

By design, clicking an Oops selects the Oops itself (and the object, if
it is of that type), but not makes it active. For that you use
CTRL+click which also redraws all buttons and draws the block with
dashed outline.
Reason; just speed.... it was very annoying to work with oops with the
UI needing a refresh all the time.

> * To add to the face select menu's '_Sel Same UV_' I have added _Sel
> Same Mat_, _Sel Same Normal_, these add to the existing selection, in
> bf-blender they replace it.

I would appreciate opinion from the UV team on this.

> * A menu of all the possible objects to select that are under the
> mouse (Alt+RMB) - Normal method is to cycle through the object until
> you get the right one, this can somtimes save a lit of time if you hav
> a large scene and have named you objects

Matt also thought it to be useful. I don't mind adding it.

> * A find object function in he oops view, basicly selects objects in
> the oops view (and therefor the 3d view too) whos names contain a
> match with the search srting.

How is this invoked? And were you aware someone else was doing a lot of
work on oops too? Now if I could remember who it was...
The Oops needs a lot of work still. I rather see some vision and
structure for how oops is supposed to work. And especially someone
devoted to implement & maintain all of that.

> If I made a patch for bf-blender with all these things, would sombody
> apply it?

I hope you can separate the patches in individual diffs... just attach
it gzipped to mail and send it to this list.

-Ton-