[Bf-committers] I need help with debugging distray

Ray Wells bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 4 Jul 2004 17:44:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi.. i have been working on distributed raytracing in
blender for a while and I have run into some bugs that
will not go away. I. need someone else who has coded
for blender more and "knows the ropes" so to speak to
give me a hand in debugging these bugs:

    *  Crash on blurry/not blurry interrecflections
    * Crash when a fuzzy refraction is seen by a
blurry reflection
    * Crash on inverse of above
    * Nasty artifacts on interreflections <-- GRR I
HATE THIS ONE.

here is the patch:
http://f00fbug.t35.com/distray.patch

I have added several functions to ray.c, the main one
being traceblurry which holds the main code for blurry
reflections/refractions.