[Bf-committers] IRC Meeting Minutes, July 4, 2004

Nathan Letwory bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 4 Jul 2004 19:15:43 +0300 (EEST)

On todays meeting:

1) current projects
   * lscm (Brecht Van Lommel)
      - with work on edges this could actually make it for 2.34!
   * weighted creases (Ton)
      - both projects will work during coming week on edge data structures
   * particles (Leons code)
      - needs some improvements still (drawmode forcefields, ui, workflow,
optim etc.) (Ton and Matt)
   * yafray plugin: good progress by Alejandro, works for uniproc even on
win! Coming week I'll ask more info on status

2) tuhopuu
   * Matt wants to port some features
(http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3926
)
      - Ton + Matt will look at the mousewheel code
      - direct editing: port
      - make webthing work 100% in tuho before porting (see also Matts
b3org.py script for opening browser through script:
http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/tuhopuu2/release/scripts/b3dorg.py?cvsroot=tuhopuu)
      - gameengine was missing some includes at start of meeting

3) more:
   * helpmenu (broken): discuss on ML
   * IPO -> more types (theeth)
      - many new vars without IPO (like Disp), Nathan L will add them in
the coming week
   * ramp shader (colorband): stick with copy/paste for now, but maintain
technical possiblity for making browsable

4) release status:
   * feature freeze: Monday 12th of July (week 29 in my calendar ;)

5) end of meeting:
   * Emilie and Chris B brought up hypertextures:
      - http://mrl.nyu.edu/~perlin/experiments/hypertexture/arch2.jpeg
      - http://www.swan.ac.uk/compsci/research/graphics/vg/hypertexture/
      - http://accad.osu.edu/~xchang/ADC/Hw6/hypertexture.sl
    and many many other links came out.

6) next meeting: Sunday meetings: 16-18 CEST (GMT 14, Sao Paulo 11, New
York 10,  LA 7,  Sydney 00)

/Nathan