[Bf-committers] Re: Extra Python modules

Willian Padovani Germano bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 00:40:35 -0200

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "William Reynish" <wreynish@yahoo.dk>
To: <bf-committers@blender.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 8:18 PM
Subject: [Bf-committers] Re: Extra Python modules

> Oh, and can this be included in time for 2.32?

As I said, I didn't properly test it yet to confirm the exact files
we'll need, but it does look as simple as:

1) execute this line on a recent Blender, on a win machine w/o full
Python (or simply set your PYTHONPATH to .blender/scripts/):

import os, StringIO, chunk, random, zlib, gzip

2) For each error this should cause, go adding the missing modules to
.blender/scripts/ , starting with 'os' and then its dependencies, same
for StringIO, etc.  zlib as I said is a .pyd DLL (as such must be of the
same Python version used to build Blender), so it is in the DLLs dir,
while the .py modules are in Lib/ , both under the Python dir.

3) Make sure all these files get added to .blender/scripts/ when Blender
is installed.

That's it.  Some remarks:

As this is Python code, we must also include the Python License (is GPL
compatible) with Blender, as Publisher 2.25 had.  BTW: 2.25 also
included the zlib.pyd module.

A similar approach can be done for other platforms, if needed.

Later we can add more modules, from script writers' feedback.

--
Willian, wgermano@ig.com.br