[Bf-committers] Duplification of Objects while Ray-Rendering

Sat, 24 Jan 2004 17:07:15 +0100

Hi,

This would have worked better with just a .blend example.

For raytraced glass to work proper, it needs real volumes (manifold
meshes). Refraction needs an entry point and exit point for good glass
simulation. The entry point normal typically points opposite to the ray
direction, the exit point has a normal in the same direction as ray.
For this reason ray_transp faces take not part in double sided
rendering.

But, I have no idea what you did below... for me the 'outline' of a
glass follows the entire surface of the glass, as if you cut a slice
from it. That should work fine.

-Ton-