[Bf-committers] Scripts repository

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:06:28 -0500

On Jan 20, 2004, at 23:22, Willian Padovani Germano wrote:

> Anyone against this idea?  Suggestion for another place?  If not, it
> would be great if one of the project admins could create the dir so we
> can start committing the 2.32 enabled scripts there.

May I make a non-trivial request of the to-be-assigned project admin?

There are a few things which can be done to make scripts truly
cross-platform. The main things that spring to mind have to do with
os.sep and the like to determine the proper OS separator for building
paths, etc.

Can a few simple guidelines be established which a script must adhere
to in order to be "standard fare?" For the most part, it should be
truly cross-platform. If this isn't a requirement, then I'll bug you
for a "platform" meta comment so that folks know right off the bat when
they load a script that it is doomed not to work.

I do think that a simple (ha) "this has no platform-specific code"
would be an important part of a script being included for distribution.

Thanks,

-Bischofftep