[Bf-committers] Scripts in menus - update

Charles Wardlaw bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:55:14 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

On linux I like the idea of the hidden directory, but on Mac OS X I
seem to remember the idea being kicked around of storing scripts in the
app bundle, like Blender.app/Contents/Resources/Python and
Blender.app/Contents/Resources/BPYData.  This would be great for
scripts that are useful to all users (lwo exporter, etc.) while more
specific things could be sorted into the ~/.blender dir by savvy users.
 As well, an OS X user who had a nice collection of scripts and wanted
to upgrade or back them up would only have to zip up the blender app
itself.

- Charles